Friday, April 11, 2014

Hello Spring

Hello Chickaniddy fans! I'd like to share my first Twirly Girl project with you. The soft pastel color palette and pretty floral printed papers in this collection make it ideal for springtime crafts, don't you think? 

Supplies: Paper (TG140S04; TG140S06; TG140S07; TG140S12) Stickers (TG14EB02) Brads (TG14EB06) Enamel Hearts ( TG14EB07) Gold Foil Paper (CN14SP001)

The gold foil paper reminds me of the longer sun-shiny days of spring that I look forward to all winter! 


If you need a sentiment that's not included in the accents of a collection or you want to personalize a project, you can easily print whatever you like from your computer. 


First, I printed my sentiment on a blank piece of paper. Then I attached a piece of low-tack double stick tape to the item I wanted to print on. To make your tape low-tack, stick it to your clothing a few times. Then I held my printed paper up to a window so I could see the sentiment through my tag and place it exactly where I wanted it to re-print. Easy!


So many times, often a day or two after sitting with a project, I think of something I might change if I had to do it again. With this card, since the spacing of the word 'spring' looks a little awkward to me, I thought I could easily use the square Alpha Stickers (TG14EB01) instead. I like the look of a couple types of lettering for sentiments and titles. So which do you like best? 


3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kathy, so very sweet...love all the layers!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh great cards Kathy and thanks for the tip to use printed letters to spell part of the sentiment! great idea!

Ruth G said...

I love the touches of gold and the sweet flower brad and vellum heart! I think the way you did the word "spring" with the overlapping letter stickers is wonderful! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...