Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Days of the Week

Hi! I'm back today to share some more of My Favorite Things Die-namics and stamps from Laina Lamb Design. For today's projects I used the Days of the Week dies that are perfect for so many types of projects from cards and pocket pages to calendars and decor items. Being the card 'queen' that I am I had to use these weekday dies for a greeting! 


One of the cool things you can do with dies is to create 'dry embossed' look as I did here. Simply use the same or slightly different color card stock for your base and die cuts. Isn't the texture awesome? And that font is fabulous! 


To add more color to my background, I included a bit of spray ink and glossy accents.


To keep the focus on the die cut portion of my design, I used small accents...a mini clothespin, sticker and heart sequins.


Ooh la la...love is in the air!

For my next card I combined the Days of the Week dies with the Office Supplies dies.



To keep with the office theme, I used a real office supply tag as a background layer and stapled the day of the week die to the 3x4 Notebook paper. Wouldn't it be fun to find this card on your desk? When I used to work in an office, I loved going to lunch with my co-workers! Most times it was a nearby deli and once in a while, we would go fancy, enjoying a glass of wine and returning just a little late. ;) Ahh...good memories! 





2 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

I LOVE both of these Kathy! Great use of the dies!!!

Amy Rohl said...

I LOVE both of these, but especially the clipboard/lunch - I need to make this, for each day of the week (snort)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...