Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Belly Band Gift Wrap

Hey Journey fans! A couple weeks ago I blogged about the awesome new Journey Blooms Treat Boxes with an example of how you could decorate one for a baby gift. You can see that post here. Today I'd like to share how I created a patterned paper 'belly band' for these boxes. 



You can use any patterned paper your heart desires. I used the star pattern from the Journey Basics Pastels pack. 


Cut two strips of paper measuring 2 3/4" by 12" long and tape them together on the opposite side of the pattern that will be showing. Now you will have a 24" strip. As show above, die cut the end of your paper strip using the Tagged Pocket die to give you a pretty scalloped edge. 


  Now wrap your band around your box, cutting off the excess at the opposite end. To make nice clean creases for your corners, I used our handy dandy paper trimmer to make score marks. 


Because I like layers and think it's a lot more fun to have more than a single tag to top my gift, I cut a Star-dom star, a Pennant and a folded over banner for the to/from tag. 


This 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the Yummy Party stamp set fits my little tag perfectly. I love the two different fonts. 


Lastly, I used my go-to Journey Twine to wrap the box several times before attaching the tag and die cuts with a bow. 

As I mentioned on my previous Treat Box post, I like to encourage people to reuse these fun little goody boxes by making it easy for them to open and reassemble. For this package, you can simple slide the belly band and twine off and then slip it back on again. 



Fun Stampers Journey Supplies: SS-0152 Yummy Party Stamp Set; JG-0001 Journey Grand Die Cut Machine; DI-0001 Tagged Pocket Die; DI-0052 Star-dom Die Set; DI-0031 Banner Parade Die Set; DI-0004 Pennants Die Set; TO-0039 Journey Blooms Paper Trimmer; TO-0026 Press Punch; CS-0095 Sweet Pear Cardstock; CS-0118 Cool Pool Cardstock; CS-0040 Whip Cream Cardstock; IP-0041 Black Licorice Ink Pad; PP-0013 Journey Basics Pastels Paper Pack; ST-0002 Treat Box; AC-0005 Natural Journey Twine

1 comment:

Ruth Gauss said...

How fun! I love how you made the ends special and the 3 tags sure are super cool! Thanks so much for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...